-
August 7th, 2016, 12:03 AM
#1
Junior Hostboard Member
How much does an Altec 606 cabinet weigh?
Hello, first post here. I have a pair of 606's with 604C's inside. I have been able to find the weight of the actual speakers with the crossovers. i would like to no how much the cabinet itself weighs. I can find plans on how to build one, but I have not been able to locate the weight of an original factory built cabinet. Anybody know?
-
August 8th, 2016, 08:36 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: How much does an Altec 606 cabinet weigh?
-
August 8th, 2016, 09:03 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: How much does an Altec 606 cabinet weigh?
Maybe I am missing the point here, but if you have a pair of the speakers, and know how much the driver and xover weighs, why not just put the speaker on your bathroom scale or something? I have done this before to get shipping estimates. Yes it is a little awkward but it can be done.
Also just curious as to why you want to know the weight.
-
August 8th, 2016, 09:47 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: How much does an Altec 606 cabinet weigh?
better yet take the empty boxes to publix and use their scales.
is there a prize for the closest guess?
-
August 8th, 2016, 10:03 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: How much does an Altec 606 cabinet weigh?
Damn how could I forget about Publix scales? Bingo!
OT-Back when I had a fast car (02 Camaro Z28)I would strip some stuff out and then drive through the local transfer station weigh scale. I took over 600 lbs out if that car.
-
August 8th, 2016, 10:23 PM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: How much does an Altec 606 cabinet weigh?

Originally Posted by
Elitopus1
Damn how could I forget about Publix scales? Bingo!
OT-Back when I had a fast car (02 Camaro Z28)I would strip some stuff out and then drive through the local transfer station weigh scale. I took over 600 lbs out if that car.
my 340 dart sport weighed 2700
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks